- My Preservation Projects!
- About the Site
- Photo Tours
- The Abandoned and Endangered Buildings List
- Rest in Peace: The Demolition List
- Pittsburgh Vernacular
- Urban Prairie in Pittsburgh: A Photo Case Study
- How to Purchase Abandoned Properties
- Pittsburgh's Lost Historic Buildings
- My Tribute to McKees Rocks and Stowe
Saturday, March 9, 2013
Franklin is the county seat of Venango County, located in northwest Pennsylvania. Franklin is a beautifully preserved historic city of about 6,500 residents. The population of Franklin peaked in 1950 at 10,000. In 1880, the population of Franklin was about 5,000 people. Like many county seats in Pennsylvania, Franklin has an impressive collection of historic buildings and a vibrant downtown area.
Posted by Jonathon Denson