|Endangered mansion, 202 Beaver Street, Sewickley. Photo credit: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review|
- My Preservation Projects!
- About the Site
- Photo Tours
- The Abandoned and Endangered Buildings List
- Rest in Peace: The Demolition List
- Pittsburgh Vernacular
- Urban Prairie in Pittsburgh: A Photo Case Study
- How to Purchase Abandoned Properties
- Pittsburgh's Lost Historic Buildings
- My Tribute to McKees Rocks and Stowe
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Endangered: 202 Beaver St. in Sewickley
An 1850s mansion in Sewickley, at 202 Beaver Street, is endangered. A church has purchased the property and intends to demolish it for a parking lot or youth center. Asbestos abatement costs have been cited as the reason the historic building can not be repurposed as a youth center. However, demolition also requires the cost of asbestos removal, so what gives?
Posted by Jonathon Denson